I have gotten myself into a rut of just kind of going through the motions of life. I think these things will help me get out of that rut and help me feel better about myself, physically and emotionally.
- Exercising. Ever since I started high school, I’ve wanted to exercise on a regular basis. Now here I am, almost done with junior year and no routine. So I’m going to start one, I don’t know what it what entail or when it will be, but it’s going to happen (and I’m hoping since I’m writing about it on here I will follow through).
- Eating healthier. Confession: I LOVE FOOD. All kinds, too. Food is the central construct of which my life revolves around. I don’t always eat the healthiest of options so I want to start investing in healthier alternatives (including more water because I suck at drinking it regularly).
- Taking care of my skin. I wash my face daily but that’s about it. I want to start incorporating more like masks and moisturizers into my weekly routine. My mom always wishes she had done better with her skincare, so I’m definitely going to start.
- Using up my makeup products. My collection is huge and I normally end up just wearing eyeshadow and mascara to school. I really want to start wearing lip and face products again.
- Reading. I used to read so much when I was younger but I’ve since lost interest. I want to start back up again, since reading is a constructive time passer and helps you become a better writer.
- Saving my money. I spend most of my money on food and shit I don’t need, so I need to save. Currently, I have to pay back my parents for a concert ticket, save for college, and save for a hopeful trip to Universal Studios the summer after senior year so I should start skipping that Starbucks macchiato.
- Planning for college. I need to look into scholarships and financial aid, as well as seriously looking into colleges I want to go to. And sign up for FAFSA because it ain’t no joke (look at that college-level grammar).
Wish me good luck (because I’m going to need it). Thanks for reading!