Happy father’s day to new dads, old dads, step dads, surrogate dads, almost dads, and fur dads! You’re all wonderful beings.
Like my Mother’s Day post, I thought I would share some facts about my dad.
- He loves to fish, hunt, and listen to country music.
- His birthday is five days before mine (Nov. 2)
- When he graduated high school, he had no idea what he wanted to do so he got a business degree and became a store manager of J.C. Penney. He then decided at 25 years old that he wanted to be a veterinarian (and so he did)!
- He’s a hell of a story teller and can make your ribs hurt from laughter.
- He and I will quote movies back and forth ALL OF THE TIME.
My dad has been a role model and my comic relief for quite some time. He’s a hell of a storyteller, and the stories of his “adventures” are quite entertaining. He knows just the right way to tell them so that way your ribs hurt from laughing so hard. I share his witty, sarcastic, and grandiose sense of humor. He’s one of the most intelligent people I know (if not, the most intelligent) and likes to share his advice and thoughts on life. While long-winded sometimes, it’s quite interesting! He’s always had an unwavering faith in me which really helps me push to do my best.
I guess I’ll always be my dad’s little girl.