Tired, sunburned, and broke, but still had fun.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST CHALLENGE
6. Go to a theme park
My friend and I (the same one I went to go see Baywatch with) spent from around 10 this morning to around 6:30 this evening. Here was our itinerary:
- Meteor – a ride where you are sitting with your feet hanging and you are spun around in a vertical circle connected to an arm; good way to start the day
- Dominator – a ride where you are sitting with your feet hanging and you are either shot up a large pole or are dropped from it; love these rides where you drop
- Steel Force – a classic steel roller coaster; so much wind
- Possessed – a dueling tower coaster; this was definitely my favorite from the day
- Demon Drop – elevator-styled drop ride with a freefall feeling then ends with a curve where you end on your back
- Snack break – tried Chickie’s & Pete’s Crabfries which were SO GOOD with some water
- Hydra – only floorless roller coaster in Pennsylvania; very smooth and fun
- Tilt-a-Whirl – a revolving platform with “cars” that pivot; a classic
- Thunder Creek Mountain – a water flume ride; we got even more wet than we thought originally
- Talon – inverted, ski-lift style seat roller coaster; fun roller coaster with great views
- Wave Swinger – a system of swings that also move up and down; another classic
- After deciding to head to the waterpark, we changed into our swimsuits.
- Wildwater River – a “lazy” river with waterfalls and sprayers; we had to dodge all of the sprayers because those things beat on you
- Boa Blasters – tube slides with twists, turns, and tunnels; there were lights in the tunnels which was cool but I got the WORST wedgie
- Aquablast – a curvy, steep water raft ride; you could feel the segments hitting your butt as you went over them
- Drink break – I got a Rita’s Misto (strawberry colada) while my friend got a milkshake
- Lightning Falls – more tube slides that was mostly open; this one was fun until I completely WIPED OUT once I hit the pool at the end, flipping over while my friend was too busy laughing at me
- Runaway River – a longer lazy river; this one was much more relaxing
- We were decided to change back into our clothes to see if we missed anything we wanted to go on.
- Enterprise – a rapidly spinning ride that lifts up; this was a favorite of mine as well
- Monster – spin on a “tentacle” in three different rotations; this one was long
- Cirque Imagine – a 30 minute show with various acrobatic acts
- Dinner – pulled pork and macaroni and cheese at the Smokehouse BBQ
- Shopping – we had coupon books so I got cotton candy, fudge, and a t-shirt
- Games – we had $25 worth in game vouchers so we went to a Break-a-Plate game where you threw a softball at plates to win a prize, and I won this little guy
So that was my day! I’m not sure I would go back, as there’s a similar park very close to my house that I work at with similar rides. It was fun and we never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a ride. If you’re visiting somewhere around Allentown, PA, definitely check out Dorney Park!
Thanks for reading!