I hope you all had a great holiday with friends and family!
Christmas in my house is usually pretty low-key. This year was no exception. My sister woke us promptly at 7am, barely able to contain her excitement. The Opening of the Presents followed shortly after. The rest of the day was spent stuffing our faces with candy, watching movies, and admiring our new gifts.
Each of our Christmases, there seems to be an underlying “theme” to some of the gifts. Last year, it was Penn State, the year before, BB-8 and the New England Patriots. This year it was Harry Potter, in preparation for our trip to The Wizarding World in March!
- Sequin-shifting mermaid pillow I love playing with these things where you can “draw” with the sequins. This one shifts from blue to pink (much like Sleeping Beauty’s dress)
- Felt letter board These have been really trending and I’ve succumbed to my urges by asking for one.
- Edgar Allen Poe-ka Dotted zipper pouch My mom and I frequently quote “The Raven” to each other, and I’m a fan of a lot of his other stories.
- The New Yorker cartoons daily calendar These cartoons are hilarious! I also like having a daily calendar. It’s satisfying peeling off the days as they’re completed.
- Fitbit Alta HR Blue Gray band My other band broke, so I needed a new one.
- Lobster is the Best Medicine by Liz Climo Her comics are so cute, heartwarming, and funny. They always make me smile, so it was a very thoughtful gift on my mom’s part.
- Simply Vera Wang fleece pajama + knit hat set The pattern is cute and they’re so cozy and warm!
- Plaid pajama pants THEY HAVE POCKETS!!!!
- Harry Potter joggers I could always use more lounge pants, so these were an automatic favorite.
- Coffee fleece pajama pants THESE ALSO HAVE POCKETS!!!!!
- The Good Advice Cupcake long-sleeved shirt The Good Advice Cupcake is also a series of comics/videos that I discovered through Buzzfeed. Here’s the one that’s referenced in this shirt (#1).
- Hogwarts cropped sweatshirt An essential for any Harry Potter fan.
- The Emotions of Bill Belichick t-shirt My family and I are huge Boston sports fans. He’s the coach of the New England Patriots and has a reputation of never showing emotion. I saw this shirt, loved it, and so my sister got it for me.
- Ravenclaw t-shirt #Represent
- Red Sox Andrew Benintendi jersey My favorite player!
- Ravenclaw socks They match my new t-shirt!
- 6-Pack cat socks I think I’m walking the line to becoming a crazy cat lady.
- Dobby is Free socks Dobby is one of my favorites and these socks are adorable.
- 12 Days of Star Wars socks Okay but don’t you just love the “I love you,” “I know,” socks because I do, very much.
- Supernatural pen I binge-watched the shit out of this show over the past year, and loved every minute of Sam and Dean’s
- Burt’s Bees Vanilla Bean lip balm I’ve had this flavor before and it actually made me use it regularly. Highly recommend!
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax lip balm Never tried the original, but Burt’s Bees seems to know what he’s doing.
- Alex and Ani Harry Potter Expecto Patronum bracelet set SO PRETTY! I have so many of these bangles now, but I can’t get enough of them.
- C&C One Mask rubbery peel off mask in “Power Pink” My mom heard good things about this mask, so she’d thought I’d like it. I’m excited to try it!
- Fantastic Beasts Niffler stuffed animal Isn’t he just the cutest thing? My sister thought so. Also if you haven’t seen Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, do it! It’s awesome.
My best friend and I also exchanged gifts! These are from her:
- Calvin Klein home fleece blanket
- Himalayan salt lamp
- Cat gel eye mask
- I’m Real Luminating Lotus face mask
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black waterproof mascara
- L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim liquid eyeliner
- Cat mug, notepad, + pen
- Old Navy penguin pajama pants
- Kit kats
- Basset hound fuzzy socks
And then, of course, the candy (minus some I had already eaten before this picture):
- Large Hershey Kiss
- Sour Patch Kids
- Candy cane Hershey Kisses
- Russell Stover milk chocolate Santas
- Kit Kat candy cane
- Pirouline chocolate hazelnut filled wafers
- Ghirardelli caramel chocolate squares
- Ghirardelli mint chocolate squares
- Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares
- Icebreakers Duos grape
- Lindt white chocolate truffles
- Lindt milk chocolate truffles
- Lindt peppermint and chocolate truffles
- Nutella & Go! with pretzel sticks
What did you get for Christmas?